Protecting your kid’s teeth and gums is a year round job, but it gets difficult especially in winters as no one wants to dip their hands in water early in the morning or would prefer to jump in their quilts at night rather than brushing.
Here are few tips that can help you and your child to avoid any dental issue.
- Brush twice a day.
- Brush gently preferably with a soft tooth brush at least for 2 mins.
- Use a pea sized amount of toothpaste from age 2-6years.
- Stop the use of feeding bottles at age 1
- Limit juice and sugary drink intake to 4-6oz a day.
- Put water in sipping cups which they should sip every 15-20 mins, even if they don’t feel thirsty.
- If your child is grinding teeth, then to avoid any physical damage bring your child to the dentist for a custom mouth guard.
- Kids are fond of chocolates, try replacing their sweet chocolates with dark chocolates as they are less in sugar and high on energy factor, or replace their hot chocolate drink with real milk and dark chocolate drink as it contains less sugar than other options.
- Ask your dentist about fluoridated gels that you can apply on your child’s teeth before sending him/her to school or at night before they sleep in order to keep a check on bacterial growth.
- Take your child to the dentist and get preventive dental procedure to avoid any dental treatment later.
Protecting your kids health this winter means more than just making sure they stay warm and away from Flu. It also means keeping an eye on their oral health and taking steps to protect their teeth.
For any further dental query or discomfort you can contact Dr Mehha Goel at email@example.com or take an appointment on 9958080317, Alpha Dental Teeth Tamers, 14-ff Ninex citymart mall, sector 49, sohna road Gurgaon (Tuesday to Sunday)
Special packages on Preventive treatments and other treatments