We all have heard about the famous saying ‘First Impression is the last Impression’ and most often it’s a smile.
It can influence the success of personnel and business relationships which majorly depends on what we eat and drink, and so it should be healthy enough to avoid a less desirable smile.
A regular 6monthly dental checkup can help treat cavities but few everyday ways can help us boost our dental health.
Antioxidants and other essential nutrients found in fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts and other every day foods boost the body’s immunity and promote good oral health.
Along with brushing twice and rinsing after every meal, following foods can help optimize our dental health this winter.
- Eat Cheese– High calcium content and lactic acid found in cheese and other dairy products act to strengthen the enamel and prevent decay. As per research protein, Calcium, Phosphorous content in cheese helps promote anticavity properties.
- Black coffee– Good news for those whose day begins with a cup of black coffee. Moderate coffee consumption may have a protective effect against periodontal health by reducing the number of teeth with bone loss and weak gums. Drinking moderate amount of black coffee has been shown to protect your teeth from decay and actually helps fight plaque. But excessive coffee is harmful as it can give you sleepless nights and dental teeth stains.
- Eat Gummy Bears– it may actually be a treat for kids and adults but a study shows children who ate gummy bears with Xylitol one of the main ingredients, three times a day, had less plaque and bacteria on their teeth. Xylitol gummy bear snack may be an alternative to xylitol chewing gum for dental cavity prevention.
- Increase your salad portion, incorporating carrots, reddish in your salads or snack not only have health benefits but also helps in excersing your gums and teeth.
- Stay Hydrated– Regular intervals of water intake will avoid any bacterial deposit in and around your teeth and gums thereby preventing any bad breath and growth of bacteria.
- Drink Green Tea/ Black Tea– consumption of tea can help battle bacteria, acid and even glucosyltransferase an enzyme that enable dental plaque to stick to teeth. Tea is able to absorb fluoride, which can help protect against tooth erosion. Hence black unsweetened tea or green tea helps reduce inflammation and prevent the adhesion and growth of bacreria in the mouth.
So Eat healthy ,Stay Healthy.
For any further dental query or discomfort you can contact Dr Mehha Goel at email@example.com or take an appointment on 9958080317,
Alpha Dental Teeth Tamers, 14-ff Ninex citymart mall, sector 49, sohna road Gurgaon (Tuesday to Sunday)
Special packages on Preventive treatments and other treatments